Do you love creating systems and processes that increase efficiency? Are you amazingly talented at keeping track of all kinds of tiny details? Do you love talking with diverse groups of people, either in-person or on the phone? Do you want to be challenged at work, learn a ton of stuff, be on the cutting edge of community engagement work, have a lot of fun, be frustrated on occasion and inspired frequently, and make a significant impact?
Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator who wants an opportunity to grow our volunteer program, manage volunteers, and help us achieve our mission.
Our story: Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque is a private 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation founded in 1972 by a group of women from Presbyterian Churches around Albuquerque. We began with 20 clients and 40 volunteers. Today we serve approximately 500 clients and have over 400 volunteers. We delivered 9,400 meals in 1972. Today we are delivering over 130,000 meals a year. Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque provides nutritious meals and crucial social contact each day. Not only do we provide friendship and compassion but we also check the well being of those we serve.
As MOW grows, we need a passionate Volunteer Coordinator who can work with the rest of the team to help shape the future of our organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants not just a job, but also an opportunity to help vulnerable populations, while also having a direct impact on the growth of an organization. Plus the team is ridiculously dedicated to the mission and fun to work with.
This position reports directly to the Program Director. This position will oversee one part-time employee.
40 hours/week, Monday – Friday; $15-$16/hour
- Leads and runs the daily volunteer operations of meal delivery
- Oversees scheduling of all MOW volunteers (drivers, site coordinators, kitchen, office/administrative, and other positions as needed) via the online volunteer management system
- Ensures all volunteer positions are filled and all meals are delivered from all drop-off sites each day
- Ensures volunteer sites run smoothly
- Updates and maintains route books to ensure the most efficient meal delivery system
- Assists in assessing and optimizing routes using ServTracker and other software
- Fills in for missing volunteers as needed
- Leads volunteer trainings
- Pursues and manages outreach opportunities to expand volunteer base
- Regularly evaluates efficiencies of daily volunteer operations by visiting satellite locations on a set schedule
- Actively works on continued implementation of improvements
- Promptly answers all telephone calls and inquiries relating to volunteers and clients
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing people, processes, or programs
- Excellent organizational skills and efficient use of time
- Intermediate computer literacy including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet functionalities
- Consistently provides compassionate customer service and demonstrates a sincere interest in the well-being of others
- Has positive attitude and is dedicated to fulfilling our mission
- Serves with a focus on quality and accuracy
- Works together to help others succeed, focuses on “We” before “Me”
- Is reliable and consistent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Vacation and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) investment plan
- Major medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Innovative bonus plan
How to Apply:
- Submit cover letter and resume to Tanja Jenkins at: email@example.com.
- We will read your cover letter first. This is a mid-level job. Past experience in non-profits is a plus, but we are more interested in people, process, or program management as well as your heart for our values: Compassion, Reliability, Service, and Teamwork. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job and what makes you a strong candidate.
- We work with vulnerable populations; a successful candidate must be able to pass background and drug tests.