The On-Call Meal Delivery Driver contributes to the fulfillment of Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque’s (MOW) mission by ensuring meals are delivered on-time. The driver works in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator to deliver routes that are unable to be filled by a volunteer.
- Hours: Part Time (as needed); Monday – Friday. Generally, hours will be between 10:30am – 1:30pm when needed.
- Pay: $9 per hour plus mileage
- This position reports directly to the Volunteer Coordinator. This position also trains driving volunteers as needed.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of MOW
- Must know the city of Albuquerque well and feel comfortable driving in many different situations including inclement weather.
- Abiding by all traffic laws and regulations (i.e. speed limit, seatbelts).
- Ensure meals are delivered by established times to the best of your ability.
- Effectively represent MOW in a positive manner with great customer service, treating all staff, volunteers, and clients with dignity and respect at all times.
- Ensure that all food transport equipment and vehicle are clean and well maintained.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Willingness to work with diverse populations
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must provide own transportation
- Consistently provides excellent customer service. Has a positive attitude and does whatever it takes to fulfill job and mission
- Follows rules and procedures set forth in MOW Employee Handbook
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be physically mobile and to grasp, stir, stoop, walk, and push
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to Tanja Jenkins, Program Director at email@example.com. Please include a short paragraph on why you feel you would be a good fit for this position in your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.