Looking for a Great Volunteer Activity?
Individual volunteers are the very backbone of Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque. Giving of their valuable time and money is a selfless act that allows us to continue to meet the nutritional needs of the home-bound citizens in our area. Below are the areas where you may find volunteer opportunities working Monday – Friday:
- Kitchen Volunteers are needed one or two mornings a week for two hours at the Northside Presbyterian site. Duties include packing food items and packing cold packs. Hours are 8:00am – 10:00am or 9:00am – 11:00am.
- Kitchen Office Volunteers are needed one or two mornings a week for three hours at the Northside Presbyterian site. Duties include matching up menus and putting labels on cold packs. Hours are 9:00am – 12:00pm.
- Program Office Administration Volunteers are needed one or two days a week for about three hours at the Northside Prebyterain site. Duties include copying, data entry, filing, stuffing envelopes and other similar activities. Hours are between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Drivers are needed one day a week or as a substitute when needed for approximately two hours. Duties include delivering a hot, nourishing meal to our clients. Meals are picked up at 10:30am at one of our four sites; Northside Presbyterian (north), Kaseman Hospital (east), Presbyterian Downtown (south) or Don Chalmers Ford (west).
- Coordinators are needed one day a week or as a substitute when needed for approximately three to four hours at one of our four sites; Northside Presbyterian (north), Kaseman Hospital (east), Presbyterian Downtown (south) or Don Chalmers Ford (west). Duties include functioning as a liaison between the kitchen, drivers, and the Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque main office. Hours are 10:00am – 1:00pm.
- Committee and/or Special Events volunteers are needed to assist in the planning and execution of various fundraisers and events we have throughout the year. Please contact Shauna Kessler, Executive Director, at 505-823-8065 or email her at email@example.com to inquire about specific events you may be able to volunteer for.
Pet Program Volunteers please click here to learn more about our Pet Program and current volunteer opportunities.
*For more information, call Jane House at 505-823-8061 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org