Many business leaders are interested in having an opportunity to give back to the communities in which they work and live. Joining the Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque VIP Driver Program gives companies, organizations, and churches across the metro area a tremendous volunteer opportunity for their employees and members.
What is the VIP Driver Program?
Companies recruit “teams” of employees to deliver meals one day per week. It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete the route and the company can decide what day it would like to deliver. The greater number of volunteers a company can recruit the less often any one “team” delivers meals. Companies may also have a system in which individuals can switch their shift with a coworker if they are unable to deliver on their assigned day.
How Does the Program Work?
- The corporation/organization is scheduled to deliver a route once a week
- The corporate delivery team is made up of coworkers in pairs who deliver the meals between 10:30 and 12:30. An average route takes 60-90 minutes
- Typically, teams can be set up so that a given individual delivers meals once a month or less
- The program allows corporate social responsibility with consistency, flexibility, and ease at a minimal cost
- One individual at your company/organization acts as the Team Coordinator and is the liaison with the Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque Volunteer Director
Benefits to Volunteer Driver Teams
- Employees gain immediate satisfaction in helping others and providing social interaction for clients who are isolated
- Your company/organization is seen as a community partner helping to serve over 125,000 meals each year to those most vulnerable in our community
- Enhances image as a socially responsible company
- Builds employee morale, satisfaction and retention
- Encourages improved employee communication
- Promotes team building and camaraderie
- Provides a leadership opportunity for Team Coordinator
- Helps employees develop traits such as compassion, trust, and reliability
- Encourages professional growth and networking
- It allows busy people to give back to the community without taking away evening or weekend time with their families
Please call Jane House at 505-823-8061 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in this great program!