When you hunger to make a difference.
One meal. Delivered by a compassionate volunteer. Every day. These three critical elements have proven year after year to transform the health and well being of the people we serve.
Our clients eat better. They feel better. They stay in their homes, living with dignity and respect. They are happier, and they are not isolated. And most importantly, they remain strong and healthy, not allowing disease or illness to take their spirit away.
We rely on the generosity of people like you to help keep our wheels turning. We are committed to ending hunger and suffering in our city. We invite you to join us.
Your one-time gift is special and important. Donors like you help fuel our programs and have a direct impact on those we serve. Thank you for partnering with Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque.
Our Cornerstone Club is a recurring giving program that allows you to give a set amount each month. Join our Cornerstone Club today and for as little at $10 a month, you can have continued impact on the work we are doing every day.
Programs That Need Your Support
These programs need your support:
(Low Income Food & Enrichment):
Help keep our community’s most vulnerable happy, healthy and in their homes!
Did you know:
- $8.20 buys one hot meal for a homebound person living in poverty and with serious medical issues.
- $2,140 provides hot meals for an entire year for one homebound person living in poverty and with serious medical issues.
Long Leash on Life Pet Program
Having a pet is proven to ease depression and relieve feelings of isolation—something many of our clients struggle with daily. Help our L.I.F.E. Program clients keep their furry friends by their side. Services include food, veterinary care, and mobile grooming.
Local, fresh, and organic produce straight from local farms and into our meals. Our Local Harvest program helps keep your donation dollars local, not only helping to feed our clients, but also helping to support the local farming community!
There are also a variety of charitable instruments available that can be tailored to your giving situation. These types of gifts allow you to leave a wonderful legacy. Please contact your estate planner or financial advisor for information regarding:
- Bequest by Will allows you to designate a gift or a portion of your estate to Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque. In some cases, there is a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Gifts of Life Insurance can be assigned to Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque.
- Charitable Lead Trust places cash or property into a trust that pays a fixed amount to Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque for the number of years you select. Once the period ends, the assets held by the trust are transferred to the beneficiaries you name. In some cases, you will receive a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Charitable Remainder Trust places cash or property in a trust that pays an annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your death, the remainder of the trust transfers to Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque. You will receive income tax benefits the year you establish your trust.
Endowment Program and Major Gifts
Please call Shauna Frost, Executive Director, (505) 823-8065, firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions you might have about the Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque Endowment Program, or other ways in which you can donate.
Whichever avenue you choose to give, please know that your donations are appreciated and continue to allow us to serve the home-bound in our area. Thank you!
Join Us For A Tour
Please call Shauna Frost, Executive Director, (505) 823-8065, email@example.com to set up a tour of our facilities today.
Meals on Wheels is committed to your privacy. We never sell our donor, volunteer, or client lists to any third party companies.